Coupe or rag top? was: how many are left

Coupe or rag top? was: how many are left

D^2
 I agree with you on your take of convertibles, although I personally have
nothing against them. I had my opportunity about a year and a half ago to
buy a ragtop and I came to the same conclusion. It was a 1966 Dodge Monaco
(Canadian model) which was quite restorable, reasonably complete, and
reasonable in price. In fact the floors were even good and the body had
minimal rust, for a vert, but no title.
 Why didn't I buy it? A convertible is in effect a car with a tent for a
roof and if the tent rots away you have an open car. With an open car you
have no option other then to keep it in a garage all the time for fear of a
chance rain wrecking something else. A ragtop even in this shape would need
to be completely taken apart and rebuilt and I just didn't have the space or
money to do it. On top of that you have to replace the roof every few years
no matter how much you baby it. All of this for a sunny summer weekend
driver that weighs more then a sedan but is less practical then a business
coupe and less fun then a motorcycle. That said I hope it found a good home.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
The closest thing to an Imperial ragtop that year.
Needing A Left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.