Imperial, hot-rods, and site content

Actually, the '71 car would be about as rare (if not
more rare) due to the rate in which cars are
destroyed.

Once I had stats on the % of cars which survive after
production. It basically came down to a small majority
of cars of a specific model (+/-65%) will be destroyed
within the first decade after production.

By two decades, that number is up to +/- 80% destroyed
since production date (also- destroyed referes to
being crashed, sent to a junk yard, recycled, etc.).

By three or more decades, about 90% of the cars made
since production date are gone. Fogret if those
numbers are right (going by memory- had it all nicely
done up on a poster once).

So if you really think about it, your '83 is far more
common then the 1987 Reliant KPL21 sedan (2 door), as
only 200 of those were made originally! (as seen @
www.allpar.com).

Now the 90's Imperials must be pretty rare compared to
both, as I've only seen a 90's FWD Imperial once in my
entire life in person, and once on eBay. 'course
someone out there must realize what great cars the
newer Imperails were, as the one I saw on eBay sold
for more then blue book price (which in its self is
quite rare on eBay were most cars go cheap).

Needless to say I grabed the jpg's of the '92 Imperial
that was on eBay. Looks like a Dodge Dynasty with a
vynal roof, slanting front end, folding lights (like
those on the 5th Ave and New Yorker FWD models- only
these were tilted), all leather interior, digital
dash, 3.8L V6 (biggest V6 to ever get in a FWD Mopar!-
baised on the 3.3 designed for the Dynasty...). I've
never seen a modern car which has looked so good.

I guess it is very safe to say that the guys at Mopar
kept the tradition of the Imperial name alive when the
made the 90's FWD AC Body verson (and I want one
badly... when I'm  done with my current project
maybe...).

The car also came with airbags, ABS (<-which I
dislike, but a small price to pay for such a great
car), the top of the line infinity radio & speakers
(no need to get any after market stuff with those
sound systems!).

And then there is that sleak long all-metal perfect
body, which looks like a cross between a Dynasty and a
classic Imperial of the 60's....

I plan on putting the pics online on my Dodge Dynasty
site. Will post the url when done!

If only I could get a chance to actually see one up
close......