Imperial to start production on August 11!!!!!

Imperial to start production on August 11!!!!!

OK...so this was true back in 1959, not 2002, but hopefully my subject line
caught some attention.  As some of you may know, Chrysler made the bold
decision to move Imperial production to their Warren Avenue facility
sometime in 1957, 8 or 9.  With this move, they created and distributed a
press kit.  Using one of those original kits, we have created a virtual tour
of the plant.  Many thanks to Kenyon Wills for sharing this piece of
fascinating history with our club.

This is relevant to ALL Imperial enthusiasts since it was a bold move by
Chrysler management and an important factoid in our beloved marque's
history.  As many may know, this facility was DeSoto's home, and the move
says volumes about Chrysler's commitment to Imperial in the late 50's and
their unhappy realization of DeSoto's demise.  Chrysler VP and Imperial
president, Clare Briggs, had so much enthusiasm for Imperial in those days,
that he is quoted in the press kit with the following, "Our decision to open
this plant is evidence in our confidence in the future of Imperial.  It has
won a solid position in the fine car field.  We are certain it will gain an
even stronger position in the years ahead."

Here is the address of the virtual tour and all press release information
associated with the new Imperial Warren Avenue production facility:
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1960/PressKit/Plant.html

Enjoy!

Chris Trettin
1956 Imperial Sedan, Turquoise