Imperial to start production on August 11!!!!!

Imperial to start production on August 11!!!!!

DeSoto moved out of its digs in the summer of 1958,  The plant on McGraw
Avenue was converted to glass production while the Wyoming Avenue plant
switched to export production (ie., preparation of CKD units and such).

The faciltity on Warren Avenue was used for production of Imperials in 1959,
1960 and 1961.  Chrysler bought the plant from Graham-Paige in 1947, when
Joseph W. Frazer was head of G-P, and was Graham-Paige's assembly plant
before the war.

The Wyoming plant is gone, but the Warren plant apparently still stands.
Chrysler sold it years ago.  Rumours persist about closing the McGraw plant.
(Or is it gone now, too?)

Bill
Vancouver, BC