how many are left

It's especially sad... think of all the car models
that once were, which are now no longer in
existance...

There are groups within certain collectible car groups
which track down certain model... two examples I know
of:

Buick Grand Nationals... there is/was a group which
tracked down every one ever produced by vin# and this
group can tell you which ones are still out there,
crashed, recycled, etc.

Saab Monte Carlo, similar, only Saab's records weren't
as good and thus no one knows really how many are
left.

Makes me wonder (and yes I'm not getting off topic
here!).... it would be truely interesting if a group
got started to track down differnt Imperial years to
see what's left, and what isn't- kind of like the
Buick Grand National group- only maybe not as extreme
(i.e. no one would need to know when the cars
crashed.. but rather the fact that X many have
crashed, Y many are still on the road, etc.).

        It would be quite interesting to see which ones are
the hardest to find. Wouldn't surprise me if the 90's
Imperial (AC Body) is as rare (or more so) then the
'83...

        Sorry if I went a little OT, but I needed some way of
explaining what was in my head...