Message From Meadowbrook

Just got back from the Meadowbrook car show today. Hot as usual. There was a
nice LeBaron '62, the last Sparrow Strainer model.

What was more interesting was an all original '48 (I recall) Chrysler five
window Club Sedan. This rare model has a wide C pillow, and of course no D
pillow at all, since it does not have the usual seven windows. You really
could see the build quality and choice of materials that the factory
intended; no restoration (up or down) here. And it was superb. It was a joy
to see the cast metal chrome in such good condition. Fits and finishes just
so, paint excellent.

This car once again confirms my memory of superior late 40s Chryler
workmanship, easily supassing Ford and GM.

The only thing missing was Sidney Greenstreet riding in the back, barking
something at the driver. He fits this car perfectly.

Currell