58 electrical stuff

> Similarly, the coolant temperature sending unit is
> working intermittently.
> I washed the valley cover and the gauge stopped
> working, began working again
> and stooped again.  I suspect the sensor it self has
> sustained damage.
> Regrettably, some oil is still coming out of the oil
> filler tube and the hot
> fluid seems to be dropping right onto the
> connection.

I doubt the sensor sustained damage from a simple
washing; however, Hugh, you may have inadvertently
damaged another component vital to the proper
functioning of the gauges and idiot lights:  The
engine-to-body ground strap.  On all Mopars that I've
seen, this strap (looks like a flat, silvery-colored
strap made of intertwining strands of wire,
uninsulated) is attached at the aft portion of the
engine to the firewall via two bolts.  You can buy the
strap material at any good electronics store; after 40
odd years of service its likely corroded and shot to
heck anyway.

I doubt the hot oil dripping on the sensor is helping
matters much, too.  *grin*

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Piles of pitted chrome