belts

Help,

Took my 55 out of the garage today.  Started fine, no problems.  However, in about 20 minutes of pleasurable driving, both power steering belts broke.  Problem is this is the third set in two years.  (About 1000 miles of driving)  Any idea on  why and what I need to do to fix this problem.

Is it that the belts are too tight, or too loose?
Wrong belts?
Or something I have not even considered?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Bembas
1955 Custom