belts

The belts should be tight enough so the don't slap all over
the place when in use, but not so tight that you can't press
midway between pulleys & have the belt move a bit. If the
belts show extreme wear, there may be something wrong with
the P/S pump. Also, look from the side of the car when the
engine is running & check if any pulleys appear to be bent.
This is a problem on the early 60's Imps.
John