58 Leaking trans cabel

The problem doesn't come from the rubber cover of the cable but
surely from the "o" ring which is on the control cable adapter in
the cable housing. You have to remove the cable from the adapter
then remove the housing (ther's also a rubber grommet at top of
it) and check the "o" ring on the cable adapter. It's a common
problem on Torqueflite: when you have a "drainback converter"
(after some days w/o running the car) the oil level is high in
pan, higher than pan, and you've leaks from different areas as
control cable, neutral switch, rear of trans. etc..
Email me privatly about window switch, i've some spare switch. I
think all '57..59 MoPars have the same switch.
My Imp has 3 horns (2 "small" on driver side and a long "trumpet"
on pass. side).  i think all '57Imperial had 3 horns, Chrysler
(and others) had 2 or (optional) 3 horns.

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com