4 dr comvertible ?

On a theoretical basis, I am interested in this, too.  I have a 58 four
hardtop, suitably equipped with the monster 'X' chassis stiffener
conveniently installed already.

My understanding is Kerry has a basket case 57 coupe, and decided to remove
the roof.  I am not sure if he intends to make it a convertible, or just an
open top car.  As I have access to an Engel designed four door convertible,
I can tell you that above 5 MPH, the rear seat passengers are extremely
uncomfortable.  The other four door convertible I used to own, a Citroen 2CV
was far better in this regard, as it simply had a roll back roof above four
full frame doors and a proper rear window.

I just scoped out a 58 hardtop at a scrap yard and saw how the roof
sheetmetal worked, minus headliner.
This is strictly theoretical, but I conclude the best way to go with such a
project is to cut off the roof behind the wind shield and below the rear
window with the intention of being able to put it back on as a whole piece.
There is a large chrome piece above the windhield which would act as a nice
joint cover and fairing to cut down wind noise.  Arranging it so the
original roof could be put back on when needed would be the simplest option.
There are some body shops out there, however, which could probaly help out
with the creation of a flexible top.  Solving where to stow it when down and
attaching it to the wind shield  would be the biggest technical challenges.

Another idea I have had, on an idle speculation basis, is to remove the
central panel of the roof from the chromed 'V' above the rear passenger
section to the windshield.  Withe the windows down, it might look cool.  It
would certainly look unusual.!  If I had the Crown series, I would even have
a matching chrome 'V' on the inside.

Just the idle thoughts of an idle fellow.  Down here in Texas, with non
functioning A/C units - how bad is that, that I have two units that don't
work, not just one - with the shade provided by the roof, all the main
windows down and the front vent windows open, the car is almost close to
being nearly cool when in motion, and the rear passengers seem to be less
buffeted by the wind than ever I have experienced in any convertible.

Hugh