window motors

All,

Believe I read in a Mopar magazine some while back
that the window motors off of the front door of a
Spirit or Acclaim are gear drivers and will bolt in as
replacements for the older, larger Mopar window
motors.

They supposedly have the same "DPCD" branding boss on
the gear housing that the old motors did, hinting at a
fit for us.  The motor is smaller, suggesting that
they might also possibly benefit from the same
electric technology that allows the '93 and up small
starter work so well on big block engine.

I mention all of this without any firsthand knowledge
of the Spirit motor because every Spirit or Acclaim I
ever checked in a junkyard had the window motors
stripped off the car!  This is evidence pointing to an
interchange....

Maybe someone can check this out because the Spirits
and Acclaims are almost as rare as an Imperial here in
Korea.

Now, if someone made this modification, there's not
much chance that it could be spotted without someone
looking inside the door housing with a borescope, like
the TUV do in Germany.

Steve in the RoK
Dee Daewoo come and me wanna go home....