From: <staffel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 10:02 PM
Subject: IML: B/RB Valve Covers-leaks ?

Just to report I have NO valve cover leaks from my 413, and I've put 1,978
miles on the Imperial this year, much in 300-700 mile one day trips. I also
have no leaks from the valve covers on my 440 in the Jensen Interceptor. On
the Jensen, I do have a slight weep from the valley pan seal up front with
brisk braking, but only in the hot summer temps. I've never heard that the
R/RB engines have a 'history' of poor valve cover seals with proper
installation. I would recommend using RTV top & bottom if the seals are not
upgraded silicon.

Sherman Taffel
COlumbia MD