Re: IML: Re 69 Imperial badging

Frederick Joslin <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Part of the reason that I initially asked about the emblems on the fenders is that my 1969 LeBaron 2 door has the eagle emblem and immediately below that the "Imperial" script and then about 12" below that there is a chrysler pentastar emblem about 3/4" in diameter. The chrysler emblem seems very "un-Imperial".
The eagle and Imperial script are correct for your '69 LeBaron two door -- see http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1969/Effie/index.htm for another '69 LeBaron two door with the same badging, as well as the advertisements at http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1969/Ads/Weeds.jpg (showing the pentastar on the passenger side) and http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1969/Ads/Gold.jpg.

As Bill and Chris have already noted, the pentastar was a standard feature on all Chrysler Corporation products of the era.

How about some pictures of your car for the website, Fred?  Feel free to contact me privately at Imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx if you would like for me to set up a page for your car!

Thanks,

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/