Re: IML: Re 69 Imperial badging

This may be part of the problem with having Imperial considered as a separate make. Just as a Plymouth and a Dodge are (Plymouth was :^( ) Chryslers, an Imperial is a Chrysler even when it's not a Chrysler Imperial. That is not easy to distinguish for the general public.

From: "Bill Watson" <wwatson5@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Re 69 Imperial badging
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:55:19 -0800

The pentastar was placed on the curbside of the car, or the side opposite the driver. On our North American vehicles that means the right side, but on LHD vehicles built in Great Britain, Australia and South Africa, that means the left side. And Rootes/Chrysler U.K. placed the pentastar on the right side on LHD vehicles shipped to North America. Rootes and Simca started using the pentastar in 1967.

The pentastar meant Chrysler all over the world,. for cars, trucks, outboard
engines, marin & industrial engines, boats, air conditioning units,.heating
& cooling systems, transmissions, electronics, chemicals, tanks, missiles,
financing - everything that Chrysler was marketing.

Bill
Vancouver, BC