Re: IML: Re 69 Imperial badging

Pete Engel <peter.engel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If what you're saying is accurate then the eccentric owner of the 10k mile 69 LeBaron also felt compelled to add the LeBaron script to his car's trunk lid. I THOUGHT the script looked a little large and a bit out of place but I'm most familiar with the 70 Imperial (having owned one for over 20 years).
So this doesn't belong at the lower RH corner of the trunk lid???:
http://bos-engel.com/imperial/pc230005.jpg
Pete (and other fans of fuselage minutae),

Ed's very nice '69 LeBaron (I have enjoyed driving Ed's Imperial at several of the Anniston meets) can be seen at http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1969/Noble/index.htm.  As you can see, there's nothing on the trunk lid.  To the best of my knowledge, neither '69 nor '70 used any badging on the trunk lid (other than the eagle covering the lock).  The script that's shown at http://bos-engel.com/imperial/pc230005.jpg is one that I don't remember seeing on ANY Imperial, as is the one the owner evidently added to the C-pillar.  I wonder if it might have "migrated" from a late '70s Chrysler LeBaron?  Or maybe even an early '80s LeBaron?

To the owner's credit, those badges are a MUCH more tasteful addition to the car than the hood ornament that has been added to the '70 Imperial that's currently on eBay -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-LeBaron-1970-IMPERIAL-LeBaron_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6177QQitemZ4589909469QQrdZ1
Now THAT bird looks way out of place!

Thanks,

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/