IML: 58 Imperial Right Rear Door Trim

Patrick has discovered an eBay auction,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2489683438
for what the eBay vendor calls part no. 1690 822.

The 1958 parts book says that 1690 822 is the "Rr. Dr. Side Mldg.-RT", which would be the right rear door side molding, in civilian talk.

The diagram shows this to be the horizontal trim about a third of the way up the door, on the LY1 4 Door Sedan.  The diagram for the LY1 Special 4 Door Sedan (a Southampton or hardtop) only provides part numbers for the trim unique to that model, although the other trim appears in the drawing. The inference I would draw is that the trim that is not identified or specified would have to be the same as the corresponding pieces in the diagram for the 4 Door Sedan. This would be done simply to avoid repeating the same data unnecessarily.

Why does that eBay vendor dislike Canadians? I have no idea but, as a Canadian, I have looked at a lot of that vendor's auctions over the years, but I've always respected that vendor's desire to take a lower price from one of his fellow Americans. Sometimes capitalism works in mysterious ways, so who am I to interfere with it, by bidding, contrary to the vendor's wishes?

Dick Woodside
68 Crown Convertible
bunch of other old cars - hardly drove any of 'em this summer