Re: Fw: IML: 55 ignition problems Update ?(picking up on this thread wit

Re: Fw: IML: 55 ignition problems Update ?(picking up on this thread with a dif ? )

I once had a similar experience with my '56 many years ago, but combined with a slight tapping noise. I decided that a piece of carbon had broken off the top of a piston, and temporarily became stuck in a valve.

Before I had bought the car previous owners had run it mostly around town. I used the car a lot on the freeway at high speed. When this happened, I had just exited the freeway and was waiting at a red light. I revved the motor a bit and when the light turned green took off. The car smoothed out and never gave any more trouble. Years later I pulled the heads and restored the top end. I never found anything that would have explained the event.

Things like this can be a sign of something bigger that will need doing down the road. You should probably check it out, especially if it happens again.

Paul