An oily question

yes, this is indeed a "greasy" question ;)

All oils go thinner when they get hot.  A 10w30 oil will have the viscocity of
a 10w oil when cold.  When hot however, the viscocity will not drop as rapidly
as a 10w oil.  Istead, at 210F, it will maintain viscocity similar to a 30 w
oil AT THAT temperature.  The oil is still thinner than room temperature.

There have been numerous discussion on synthetics.  Look at the archieves.

D^2