68 VIN Decoding

All RWD Imperials were built at Jefferson Avenue (3 or C), except 1959-61
which were built at the Warren Avenue plant (7 or 4) and the 1981-83 models
which were built at Windsor (R).   (Some Imperial models were built at
Windsor during the 1930's for the Canadian market).

So, your 1968 VIN should be -

Y - Imperial
M - Crown OR H - LeBaron
2 - 2-door OR 4 - 4-door
1 - Sedan OR 3 - Hardtop OR 7 - Convertible
K - 440-cid V8
8 - 1968 model year
C - Jefferson Avenue
100001 & up - Sequential production number

The first digits of your VIN will appear on the bottom row of the data tag.
The next two digits are for the engine (81), then transmission (5), and
tires.  The next three digits is the scheduled production date and finally
the six-digit shipping order number.   The whole VIN did not appear on the
data tag until 1969.

Lynch Road?  The Lynch Road plant was Plymouth's home plant from about 1931
to 1981.   I have sent an e-mail with correct information on decoding the
1958 to 1975 VIN.  They also missed '41' for the 1967-69 4-door sedan in the
body styles listing.

Bill
Vancouver, BC