RE: rear brakes for 63 customj 880

It has been my experience that swapping out the rear end to another style will result in numerous complications, the biggy being that often a custom driveshaft has to be built or modified by a competent driveshaft shop ,which is often a few hundred easy. Based on my experience it would be a better idea to rebuild the brakes on the rear end that is supposed to be in the car (the exception being of course if you plan to do something like race this car). New brake parts for the old cars are not costly, should be available from sources like NAPA. Also a lot of new parts for old cars are listed by sources on E-Bay, but check out closely what they have to sell, some is good, some stuff is not so good.

Ben Morgan

 So what if I have cars in my yard

1966 Dodge Coronet 500
1964 Dodge Polara 2-dr HT
1954 Ford F-100 (Grandpa's Truck)
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
plus a few other wrecks and lawn ornaments