RE: Alcohol in gasoline (spin-off from pulsing engine)

RE: Alcohol in gasoline (spin-off from pulsing engine)

Personally, what I would do is run the tank as low as I could, then fill a
1/4 tank at the closest place I could. Fill a jerry can with premium while
you're there. Return home, and re-tune the car. Then take it out, and see
what it's like. If it acts up, the addition of the jerry can of premium
should get you to where you can top the tank off with straight gasoline. You
might have some issues with that tank of fuel (if you ultimately have to
throw in the gasoline), but once it's burned off, you can go back to regular
gasoline.

That's just me. When I tried the E85, I was sitting on empty, but had 2
large jerry cans of E10 in the trunk. I figured if worse came to worst, I
could add them one at a time as I burned off the E85, and keep going. As it
turned out, I didn't need to. Also, I only ran that one tank, and that was
at night with cooler temps. I didn't do any adjustments to the tuning of the
engine. If it matters, it was a 225 slant, with 100,000+ mile son the clock.
So not sure that it's all that scientific, I was just sharing my one
experience is all.

Keep us updated on the results, I'm always interested in other's
experiences....

- Ray