Re: flex fans

You know, I think that's a great idea, in the end it would probably cost you about the same as a brand new viscous fan anyway, probably less if you got a used one from a wrecking yard, or ebay. I've update both of my old dodge's anyway for safety reasons, so its an all around good idea really.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jim<mailto:jimfmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:46 PM
  Subject: Re: flex fans

  Have you thought about Electic thermo fans?

  Here in Australia, alot of the older cars are now using late model twin
  thermo fans with much sucsess.

  The only draw back is that you would have to update your alternator to about
  80 amps.

  It does not look original, but could you sit in the traffic on a HOT DAY
  without overheating any other way?

  I can sent you an Ebay link if interested?

  Jim