RE: Another carb change

Earl Helm wrote:

> Rich,
>
> I don't know if you have ever tuned a motorcycle carb, but tuning
> an Eddy is the same thing. The metering rods (needles to us old timers)
> are for fine tuning mid range and low end. Having said that, you do have
>
> to have the correct metering rod for a jet range, which I am sure you
> picked
>
> up from the book. You mentioned it stumbled at wide open throttle. At
> wide
> open, the needles are out of the jets, so get it running at WFO and
> pulling
> strong by playing with the secondary. Then start playing with the
> needles
> and the primaries for low end and mid range.
>
> Keep in mind the temp range where you live. If you tune it on a 60
> degree
> day with low humidity, it is going to be a bit fat in the summer. In
> Salt
> Lake
> we get ranges from 0 to 100 degrees. I like them spot on for about 75 to
> 80
> degrees. Seems to be a good tune for large swings in temp and humidity
> for
> street driving.
>
> Earl

Thanks Earl. I'm beginning to feel comfortable taking it apart now. As a
matter of fact I'm gonna run downstairs and change it again right now!

BTW: I noticed that the fuel line holds 5.5psi for quite awhile after
adjusting the floats. I wonder if the sagging floats allowed the
pressure to bleed off before?

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----