Cross Country Adventure

[AD removed for archives]
Give your opinion on Abortion and Win!
caacERNb7yoMza/PermissionData

Don-

Well, maybe it's just my "girl" side showing here, but if the cost is about
the same (when you assume no major hitches) to have it shipped, why take the
chance of even greater expense should all *not* go well?
My vote is let the new ride come to you, check it out on home turf, do your
test drives, and if you are really set on a road trip in the new ride, pick a
nice place and treat the wife to a "mini-vacation" somewhere :)
I think mini-vacation included, you'll likely come out ahead.

All that said- about the gas smell- my husband has a funny story about
something similar. He bought an older car, and the seller told him "I'll warn
you- it has a gas tank leak- if you put more than $5 in it, it smells really
strong like gas" - they never mentioned if they visually confirmed the
presence of a leak(admittedly he didn't ask, and didn't look at it himself,
either). He drove that car for months, never putting more than a few dollars
at a time in the tank- got stranded all over the place running out of gas (he
was probably around 17 at the time). He took the car into the shop to get a
new muffler put on and warned the mechanics about the "leaky gas tank". Went
back to get the car- the mecanics had looked all over for a leak in the tank
and couldn't find one. After some more searching and experimenting, he found
out that the gas cap was not the right one for the car, and didn't fit right-
hence a strong gas smell if you put a noticable amount of gas in the car.
*sigh* Makes me wonder how many owners it had gone through who passed it down
the road with a "leaky gas tank" :)
Hopefully yours comes with a similar simple fix!

Also- beware the second-hand "so-and-so said the engine was rebuilt". Our
Charger came with that claim- turns out the previous previous owner actually
spun a bearing... and just replaced the bearing. I guess because it was more
involved than an oil change, he considered it "rebuilt". Maybe he just meant
"as opposed to leaving it disassembled"??? :D

Anyway- best of luck to you, whatever decision you make! Please keep us all
posted!

Rachel

[AD removed for archives]
Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
caacDvMb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.