Cross Country Adventure

[AD removed for archives]
Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
caacDv1b7yoMza/PermissionData

Robert G-

Don't get me wrong, Don and I exchanged email once off list on this topic, and
I mentioned to him that my husband and I have roadtripped together through
many a bizarre and sometimes outright dangerous adventures (for some reason
also in vehicles of questionable reliability :) ). I'm not lacking in
willingness or experience :)  I've been broken down, out of gas, driving
blind through a white-out or monsoon-like rain storm enough times that it
just doesn't bother me a lot to jump in some vehicle and hit the road. (I
guess when the kids are along it gets a little more nervy for me still). I've
had my arms in the guts of enough cars, from the top and bottom, in all kinds
of light (or lack therof) and weather. I get attached to our cars- sometimes
worse than my husband. There are a few I refuse to let him sell. I still
regret a few of the sales that happened years ago, and plan to someday get
replacements for the ones that "got away" for whatever reason it was that put
us in the position of having to sell.

I just get the feeling that Don's wife might not be in total agreement with
said adventure, and *possibly* he might feel a touch of concern, also-
otherwise, why take an opinion poll? All of this is just my read on the
situation and might be completely off base (who knows?)- she might be totally
gung-ho about it. Either way- he's the one who will be out on the road, not
me. But he has looked into the alternatives, and how much they cost. Being as
they are approximately the same, barring any high-dollar breaks along the
way, it's really a coin toss- if there is room in the budget for potential
mishaps, there would also be room for a shorter, less nerve-gnawing trip when
the car got a ride home. Plus there is the time involved to go get and drive
back with the car. I don't know how flexible either of their employers are.
If they were to say "I'll be back on the 20th" and don't make it back 'til
the 25th- would that be a problem? If they don't have to take time off to go
get it, they could then take time off later for another trip after the
condition of the car is verified and tested. Just a coin toss as to what is
more comfortable and reasonable to their situation. As for the chest-thumping
"...and I drove it all the way home myself" part- I guess I can leave that up
to a guy ;) LOL

JMHO, and absolutely not in any way meant to be mean spirited!

Rachel

[AD removed for archives]
Race to Claim your FREE Stock Car Racing Gift!
caacERRb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.