From: Keith Boonstra <kboonstra.zeegroup@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2022 08:17
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler 300 List Server (chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Clutch fan, pump and bolts

James,

Does your clutch base have four holes, or four slots, for the bolts to pass through to fasten the clutch to the pump? If you have slots - and especially if you are working without the radiator in your way - with the proper bolt length selection, you should not have any problem assembling the fan and clutch to the pump. I don't recall offhand the length of bolt I use. And you should be able to fit it all together even if your radiator is in place. The clearances are not generous, but you can do it.

The thermal clutches that I make up are purposely short enough, BTW, to leave barely enough room to slip a belt between the fan blade and the radiator - without having to remove the radiator to squeeze it through.

Keith

-