Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F and G Air Cleaner Decals

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300F and G Air Cleaner Decals

Attached are a bunch of images from period sources that show various orientations of the air cleaners and some variation of the decals. I'll need to rescan some of these from the original magazines to get a clearer shot. But I see a few trends. Several pictures show the driver side air cleaner turned so that the clearance notch on the lid is facing out toward the fender.  I'm including the link to the source of each item.

The Sportscar Graphic image uses the factory press photo with the colored engine components and the decal on the right air cleaner is positioned more to the right in relation to the wing nuts.
https://300f.com/media_scg_june1960.htm

In the Motor Life image of the 400hp engine, you can see the decal on the driver side air cleaner facing toward the heater box. Indicating that the air cleaner is again turned with the clearance notch toward the fender. The clearance notch on the right air cleaner is facing forward, clearly not correct.
https://300f.com/media_motor_life_june1960.htm

The Popular Science image shows the reviewer removing the left air cleaner for a look at the carburetor. Substantiating the theory that they get moved around.
https://300f.com/media_ps_april1960.htm

The Hot Rod image shows the right air cleaner decal in the more or less accepted position for the decal. Interesting that it has an accordion brake booster.
https://300f.com/media_hr_april1960.htm

The Motor Life image shows the decal on the left air cleaner facing the fender, oriented to the right in relation to the wing nuts. Hard to tell but the right air cleaner may be turned with the notch facing forward. I need to rescan this part of the page to get a clearer image.
https://300f.com/media_ml_feb1960.htm

The Chrysler Ad image shows the left air cleaner again aligned with the notch facing the fender and shows the right air cleaner decal.
https://300f.com/media_ad03.htm

The Rod Builder image again shows the driver side air cleaner with the notch facing the fender.
https://300f.com/media_rod_builder_june1960.htm

The Tom McCahill images show the air cleaners in various orientations but the one with him in it clearly shows the decal location on the right air cleaner, which looks a little more to the left in relation to the wing nuts than usual.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/r7FDPZyYT34jMV1y6