[Chrysler300] 1962 300 H Exhaust Manifolds

[Chrysler300] 1962 300 H Exhaust Manifolds

Thanks to the latest E-News, I am reading the 1962 Engineering Data Book.
Couple of inquiries come to mind:

"B" ENGINE:
".....a combined intake manifold and tappet chamber cover, overlaid with sound insulating material..."
- What was the sound insulating material?
- I assume whatever it was would live under the manifold, on top of the aluminum valley pan?
- Was it glued on top of the valley pan?

413 CU IN. RB ENGINE WITH 2 - 4-BBL. CARBURETORS:
Standard equipment, with mechanical valve lifters, tubular push rods, forged rocker arms, valve spring dampers, high output camshaft, and revised exhaust manifold  on all Chrysler 300 H models.
(And MANIFOLD is typed singular not plural, by the way)
- What was the difference in the Non-H 413 (or even 383) Exhaust Manifolds?
- Were they Headers?  If so, now impossible to find?

Thanks
Matt Allyn

Posted by: Matt Allyn <allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx>