From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Matt Allyn allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:56 AM
To: Chrysler 300 List <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] 1962 300 H Exhaust Manifolds

Thanks to the latest E-News, I am reading the 1962 Engineering Data Book.

Couple of inquiries come to mind:

"B" ENGINE:

".....a combined intake manifold and tappet chamber cover, overlaid with sound insulating material..."

- What was the sound insulating material?

- I assume whatever it was would live under the manifold, on top of the aluminum valley pan?

- Was it glued on top of the valley pan?

413 CU IN. RB ENGINE WITH 2 - 4-BBL. CARBURETORS:

Standard equipment, with mechanical valve lifters, tubular push rods, forged rocker arms, valve spring dampers, high output camshaft, and revised exhaust manifold  on all Chrysler 300 H models.

(And MANIFOLD is typed singular not plural, by the way)

- What was the difference in the Non-H 413 (or even 383) Exhaust Manifolds?

- Were they Headers?  If so, now impossible to find?

Thanks

Matt Allyn

Posted by: <nick@xxxxxxxx>