Re: [Chrysler300] 64 dashboard installation

Re: [Chrysler300] 64 dashboard installation

I never had a dash out of a 64, but I've had them out of other cars.

You might be past this point, but I welded up some tee shaped stands from old bed rails (basically dirt cheap angle iron) that make it a million times (no exaggeration) easier to work on the dashes.

I also have painted the rear of dashes white to make working behind them in the car a lot easier. I didn't do that on my '70 when I had that out because I thought it was too "busy" under there to help. Now I think it might have been helpful. Maybe not... I don't know.

Front seat out is a must, but that's probably a given.

If the mounting is the way I've seen in other cars, slide the bottom in first, keeping the top of the dash angled back then rotate the dash into place. It really takes two guys to put it in, although I  have removed them myself and I did put one in by myself once also. While the dash is rolled back, you may be able to reach over the top and plug in what needs to be plugged in before rolling it back into place.

Since I never did a '64, I can't tell you the best way with the A/C vents and the dash top. I had some of the vents in place for my '70 and that made it easier.

John