From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Noel Hastalis cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2020 1:33 PM
To: Allan Klotz <allan.klotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Allan Klotz' allan.klotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Tail light lenses

Allan and Group,

Don't know if you've purchased the '60 DeSoto taillight lenses you asked about a couple days ago. A comment, and a couple possible sources -

Comment -
  • The Google link you included mentions George Laurie in Australia as a source for replacement lenses. Scratch George off your list, as he suffered a major medical event several months ago, and will never recover to reproduce lenses for our Forward Look Mopars.

Possible sources -
  • Mark II Enterprises, in Apple Valley California, reproduces lenses primarily for '50s and '60s Ford products - Continental, Lincoln, Mercury, Edsel and Ford. I understand that company has reproduced '62 Chrysler taillight lenses. I called and spoke with its proprietor a few months ago - sorry, don't remember his name - and he said he can reproduce lenses from samples sent to him. Email is www.mark11..com, for additional contact info.
  • Last July when I attended the Power Big Meet in Lidköping Sweden, I met 300 Club member Anders "Molle" Andersson, who reproduces many of the taillight, backup light, parking light lenses for our Forward Look cars. Anders lives there in Lidköping, and his email is molle30057@xxxxxxxxx. Anders' Facebook page shows a photo (from October 2018) of several of the lenses he's beautifully reproduced, and '60 DeSoto lenses are shown in that photo. I briefly visited with Anders and his Swedish friends at Leake Auction in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago, so I don't know if he's returned to Lidköping yet.
Hope this helps!
Noel
F Coupe
Burr Ridge, IL