Re: [Chrysler300] Headliner's and Brake Drums some good news?

Re: [Chrysler300] Headliner's and Brake Drums some good news?

Hi All

I Called Kanter today re: the drum subject. For under $100 I wanted to find out what we would get. As I expected you do not get hub. When I asked more questions he did not sound to informed. After, I went to inspect my 57 drums. They are a 3 piece unit. The cast iron drum, center plate and hub. If the drum and center plate come as a unit them the studs and hub will need to be pressed out. If it is only the drum then it will be one heck of a job to replace as the drum is staked onto center plate at 19 places around the perimeter. If it only requires pressing out the hub then that will have to be done very carefully with press fixtures. If one starts pressing on the hub with out support fixtures it will distort the center plate and trash it.
For what it is worth I suspect that it will be a Chinese part. Who in the US could tool up, sell low quantities to a vendor and the vendor mark up all for under $100. That said it does not mean all bad. I could be proven wrong.

Gary, The Parts Doc