Re: [FWDLK] AAJ Brake kits

Hello All,
Just wanted to give you a quick heads up on the proportioning valve on Chrysler
vehicles.  Actually every car body line had it's own valve, not every car.  So
the B-body line had one PN, the A-body another and the C-body a third.  The
exception was Hemi cars.  Any Hemi, regardless of the body used the same
valve.  This was because the valve was VERY close the exhaust manifolds, so the
special valve had it's own built on heat shield.  Note that this is only true
of the muscle era cars.  I don't know about our FL cars, though I imagine this
should be true as well.  Chrysler did switch to a across the board valve in the
80's when everything became a K-car.  This is also why Mopar Performance builds
a adjustable proportioning valve.  These are very handy when you switch to
different master cylinders with different rear brake cylinder diameters and
larger front disc brakes.  This is a conversion I have done on all of my
Chargers when I build them as drivers.  Most of the Mopar magazines have
covered it at one time or another.  So, if it were me, I would get one of the
adjustable valves and use it on the conversion on your FL car.  This would
allow you to adjust your brakes precisely for your car and avoid the GM stuff
entirely.  If you don't want to go this route, I would just grab one off of any
early 70's C-body (New Yorker, 300, Fury III, Imperial-watch out on this one,
1974 cars had REAR discs, different valve, etc.)  These cars were just about
the same size as our beloved FL cars.  Plus there are tons of them in the bone
yards with parts for cheap!

Just my pennies,
Chargin'Charles--->>>