From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tom Stroup
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 2:37 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] AAJ Brake kits

Brakes are tricky things to get to work correctly.

Proportioning valves work with set parameters
that are known by the car builders... like front
and rear weight, wheel cylinder sizes, front disk
size, etc.  You could buy a real adjustable valve
from an aftermarket place like Summit Racing,
for example, and fine tune YOUR system to
your vehicle.

The fixed valves from specific
models may not do what you wish.  Check out
a Chrysler parts book and you will find there
were many proportioning valves, each to fit a
certain situation.  In general, you might be OK
with what you install.  It is kinda like insurance.
All car insurance is good until you need it.

At least try it out on a lightly graveled parking
area to see which end locks up first, before you
throw the family in and go for a highway run
on a rainy day.  The question is:  If it doesn't
work like you think it should, how will you
fix it?

Just my two cents,
Tom                  1957 Dodge in southern Ohio

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html