From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dirt Rider
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 8:03 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] The HEMI is reborn!!!

I'm just curious as to why the mileage is unacceptable ?
I remember earlier trucks or anything with a v/8. If you got 12 mpg, you were getting good mileage.
That's also about the mileage I get with my pickup truck with a 318. I thought 17 was pretty good considering it's a truck and it's 4wd.

Are there other v/8 gasoline trucks that get more than 17mpg highway ? If there are, I'd like to know who makes them.

Alot also has to depend on what set of gears are inthe vehicle also. Trucks tend to have a lower gear for towin/hauling, which decreases their mileage.
Nick