[FWDLK] 57 Dodge

Thank you all for the quick responses!  Wow!

I appreciate the difference between hardtop and sedan, thank you.  I
really didn't know there was a difference, but obviously if there is a
difference getting the right parts is important!

I have looked about a little, and I saw all the work the one gentleman
has put in on the 59 Dodge... my gosh.  I am SO impressed at your
patience!  And the amount of imagination it obviously takes to get it
fixed up is amazing.

I have been asked what kind of engine she has, and am embarrassed to say
I would have to ask my husband.  He has been heavily involved with
getting all the belts, and brakes repaired with the local NAPA.  I am
pretty sure it is a V8 though.  But I believe this year came with a
couple of different horsepower engines in V8, not sure which one it was.

As to where we are located, currently we are in Northern Washington.  I
am stationed at Naval Station Everett at the moment... so we are here
until I get told we are going elsewhere.. <g>  There was a very nice car
show there in September and my husband and I went.  Not too many Dodges
though.  Lots of Packards...  all very pretty, but I have a special spot
for this particular car having grown up with her.

Oh, on replacing the carpeting... is there a special kind to look for,
or a better place to look?  Since she is in such good shape, we really
want to keep her as original as possible.

Another small problem is water leaking into the car.  We do live in
Washington State... so it tends to rain.. a lot.  So, is there a good
way to seal her?  It is most likely coming in the doors or windows... Or
is this a normal problem?  Also does anyone know a good source of car
covers that can handle a strong wind?  We are very limited in parking
area (or else I'm sure my husband would have bought one of those
beautiful station wagons we were looking at on the internet today <g>).

About my new new car, the 300M, to the gentleman who is considering it..
she is a beauty.  Nice lines, and drives awesomely.  I got the European
touring option and really like how it drives much better of the two
options.  Responds better.  I researched the heck out of it this time
(no more "oh I love it, I'll pay you whatever you want"  I'm going to
KNOW what I'm buying from now on.  I knew more than the salesman this
time!)  Has a really cool mounting for the engine, it is straight not
sideways, and is so organized and is just gorgeous under the hood.
Something about how when it turns it doesn't mess up the weight shift?
I knew what he meant, but can't explain it right.  We were looking at
some SUV's on the internet, and my car has more horsepower!  253hp in a
V6.  Of course, my mom's car has more power.... but I think it would
break my husband's heart if I took her away!

Talk to you later,  Take care!  I'm sure I'll learn a lot from all of
you.

Clare