Re: [FWDLK] Happy motoring

"Sperduto, Nick" wrote:

> Anyone with any tips, suggestions, warnings

I always bring the following spares with me on trips:

- Carburetor
- Six feet of rubber fuel line
- Starter
- Generator
- Voltage Regulator
- Distributor
- Plugs

In addition, I bring the following supplies:

- 1 Gallon of antifreeze
- 2 Quarts of oil
- 2 Quarts of ATF
- Epoxy putty, Super Glue, and duct tape
- Rope Caulk (as a little ball about 2" around)
- Six feet of 12 ga. wire
- Jumper cables
- Flashlight/floodlight
- Tire repair kit
- Flares
- Small toolkit (a couple of sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, adjustable wrench)
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER (this is a MUST)
- A paperback book.  Stops you from going insane if you have to wait for a tow
truck.  I recommend something comical like Dave Barry or Tim Allen.

And I carry an EMT's jump kit (medical supplies) but admittedly that's
overkill.  I just always happen to be the first one at the scene of an accident
-- been at 10 fatal ones and 6 non-fatal...

Anyway, all of the above items fit in two milk crates -- one for the liquid
items, and another for the rest.  They're heavy, but I'm covered for almost
everything that could 'normally' happen on a trip.

Anyone else have any items they'd add?

-Dave