[FWDLK] Happy motoring

hello all, I'd like to start a discussion. I am contemplating an adventure
in motoring and  taking a vacation with the 56 Savoy next summer, it would
be 1500-2000 mile trip and I'd like to know what ot pack for the car.
So far, it has new thermostat, belts and hoses and relatively ignition coil,
wires and cap, water pump and fuel pump, by then it will have new tires.
I would pack assorted tools
extra oil, trans fluid, water, spare fan belt and the old hoses
extra set of points and condenser. I'd probably put in a fresh set of spark
plugs before I left.
I'm thinking about driving from NJ to Front Royal, VA 260 miles of
interstateand then hopping onto the blueridge parkway/skyline drive and
driving the entire length (appx 550 miles I think)  during the cours of the
week and stopping to hike and camp with a tent and see the sights. Then once
I got to the end, jumping on the interstate and come home, possibly
scheduling to come home the weekend of Chryslers at Carlisle and stopping
there on the way.

Anyone with any tips, suggestions, warnings
For those who don't know, the blueridge parkway and skyline drive is a 2
lane road(one each way) that runs across the ridge of the mountains from
Virginia to Tenessee and goes through 2 nations parks. It's a 45 mph road
and allows no commercial traffic.

Nick