Re: [FWDLK] 57/58 diff colors

 All,

> I think that you would be safe in painting anything from the frame on
down
> with a good black paint.  I don't think that the original chassis had
much
> paint on it, and it was probably black.

About the only color would be the inspection marks and the paint streaks
that showed what 'innerds' were in the differential and which lube to put
in, paint marks on the torsion bars to show stiffness and other marks made
by factory inspectors. Has anyone made a list of the color and location of
these marks? (They can vary from plant to plant and even shift to shift.)
Most of the cars from the late '60's and the '70's have this info. One of
the best ways to get it is to have the guys with the really low mile cars
to help document it.

Larry