Re: [FWDLK] Gas and Tires

Bill,

I have a '59 Imperial Custom sedan that had bias plys when I got it, and I
switched to radials when they wore out.  I will never go back.  Handles almost
like a sports car now, and really holds the road.  Squealing cornering,
wandering on straight road, and marginal handling on wet roads with the bias
plys was my experience.

I use a lead substitute with premium gasoline.  For some reason, my 413 uses a
bit of oil without the additive, but oil consumption disappears when I use it,
so I use it all the time now.

Drove today from Lancaster County, PA to NYC and back.  Rush hour traffic,
midtown parking garage, no problems with the exception of one heart stopping
stall in a crawling pack of cars just before the George Washington Bridge.
Beats driving a modern car any day of the week!

Scott Stultz
'59 Imperial Custom sedan daily driver