[FWDLK] Powerflite leak

I have been battling a leaky front seal on my Powerflite transmission for
some time (1960 Plymouth Belvedere 318 poly).  Last year I pretty much had
it stopped with the addition of a touch of brake fluid.  After some
inactivity over the winter, the leak is back with renewed vengeance.  It's
gotten to the point where it is getting on the exhaust pipe and starting to
smoke, so it's time to pull the tranny and fix it.

I'm torn between farming this job out (If I can find someone with Powerflite
experience) or doing it myself (never worked on an automatic before).  I've
already ordered the seal and gasket kit from Brad's NOS figuring I can use
it either way.  Reviewing the service manual, it doesn't look like that big
of job.  In fact the bell housing and converter stay on the engine....the
transmission is separate.

Has anyone tackled this job?  Any advice or recommendations?

Al Wilson
moparman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx