Re: [FWDLK] Gas and Tires

BILLFACTS wrote:

> Lots of recent conversation on gas and tires. Any consensus on the
> type of
> tires (Bias or radial), suppliers etc. for a ForwardLook automobile?
>
> How about gas? Do you use additives. How about no lead in your V-8.
> Any good
> or bad experiences in keeping your car in tires and fuel?
>
> Bill
> 58 Fury (installing an engine next month)

   Gasoline additives:
   Lead substitute should be added if  the car is used on a regular
basis. If  the car is only used now and then, it is not that critical.
   Octane Booster. Once upon a time, Premium was about 100 octane, and
the rule of thumb was if your compression ratio was 9.5:1, you could
burn Regular and 9.75:1 and up you needed Premium. They claim today's
gas is just as good, they just changed the formula.
   From personal experience, a 392 Hemi with a 10:1 ratio is definitely
not thrilled about pump gas without a little help from 104+.

Bill Long
Baltimore, Maryland
1958 Imperial Crown Convertible