Re: [FWDLK] gahhhhhhh!!

Strangely enough, my dad's first new car was a '57 Chevy.  It was a 150 2-door stick 6.  The only options it had were a radio and whitewall tires (on my insistance).  However, I grew up between the Dodge and Plymouth plants in Detroit and used to bicycle back and forth in August to see the new models coming off the production lines.  I got into that back in '52.  In '53 when I heard the first hemi Dodge roll out of the plant my mind went gah-gah and I was hooked on Mopars forever.  The main Dodge plant was in the city of Hamtramck, Michigan which was completely surrounded by Detroit.  I went to high school in Hamtramck and Dodge used to hold a parade on the town's main street of Joseph Campau avenue for a few years.  When I attended my first one in '56 and saw all of the beautiful 3-tone Dodges coming up the street I was hooked on Mopars forever.  I wound up working for GM for a few years back in the mid-60s and as a result owned some GM products but my backup vehicle was always a Mopar.  I eventually spent a couple of years working for Dodge and got my dad converted over to Mopar products.  I've taken my '56 Dodge and my '55 300 to several shows over the past few years and it's amazing how many people attending the shows have no clue!  My Dodge, which I recently sold to a friend, was called a Chevy on several occasions.  The most popular question concerning the 300?  "What is it?".  Oh well.....