Im hearing from members ..

Dear RJM,

I missed the original message that you posted, but from reading this one I
think your
writing skills are fine.

As a member of this group since 1997, I will say NO ONE should feel reluctant
to step up
and ask any question at all, no matter how anybody reacts.  MOST of us, I
think, are
friendly, helpful people and will not put you down.  (I'm not pointing any
fingers at anyone
who may have replied to your post; as I said, I missed the start of this.  I'm
just saying that
in my experience the helpful folks outnumber the nit pickers.)

I myself have asked (and said) a lot of "dumb" things, and sometimes I've
gotten some
snitty replies.  But I just ignore those and concentrate on the helpful ones.
Either way,
that's how you learn.

Keep participating!

Mark M