Interesting responses.. on 56 Imperials

Regardless of the "models or condition", it all boils down to what you want for
yourself. That could be based on something as insignificant as who was with you
when you bought a certain car, or even who you bought it from.

My experience has been to keep as many as possible. Each time I decided to do
that, a good friend of mine helped me build a carport or garage, so that the
car would not sit outside. In our area it costs about $500.00 to build a
carport.

Also, since I was aware of my unquenchable desire to own as many NICE cars as
possible (maybe silly to you, but very important to me)I moved from my rented
apartment and bought a house. Having five garage stalls at my old apartment
building was the maximum that the land lady would allow. When I bought my sixth
Imperial (in 1985), I couldn't make the choice that you are now faced with.

By 1997 I couldn't build anymore covered spaces on my lot. Upon finding a pair
of '55 Imperials once again I had to chose, and couldn't. I bought another
house instead, which gave me the potential of seven more covered parking
spaces.

At this late stage, I am most certainly happy that I kept all of my cars.
Compared to what is usually available now for restoration or the cost of a nice
original, my cars were all bargains. By being so concerned about parking them
all, I made two very good investments in real estate. Chances are, without the
cars, I would probably still be renting an apartment. Since I worked really
hard to park all of them on my own property, and under cover, I haven't spent
away their value by paying for years of monthly storage.

Someday those cars and the extra house may enable me to continue my own
independence in late retirement, which is something that each and every one of
us will eventually have to deal with. I call that a good investment.

Paul