Destruction of Old Cars

Quoting RandalPark@xxxxxxx:

> forcing them off of the road. I once saw an article that said that if no body
> drove old cars, there would be no need for junk yards. It went on to say that
> in addition to being an eye sore, junk yards pollute the ground, and should
> be eliminated.
>
> Again, most of these sorts of things have failed and happily so for us, but I
> don't think that we have seen the end of this sort of thing.
>
> Paul

Paul, here is a better one.  If everybody drove old cars, there would be no need
to manufacture new cars, and there would be an even bigger reduction in
pollution.

Even better, the car manufacturers may have been a bit more motivated to build
higher quality products in order convience their potential customers to buy the
new ones.

Even better, those car manufacturers that failed to survive this hypothetical
shift in the average car consumer mentality would close down (the big 3 may be
the first) and from their ashes, something better would be built.  May be
companies that build efficient rail systems so people can commute to work and
keep their old cars for fun, which is what the motor car was originally
intended for anyway.

OK, I am dreaming.

D^2