'73 dash gauges, turn signals, radio, & clock

'73 dash gauges, turn signals, radio, & clock

Hi, List!

My '73 Lebaron spent the last couple of days getting a new distributor, after
the original failed 100 miles from home Saturday afternoon. Here's the
question: after a new (junkyard) distributor, a new (junkyard) electronic
ignition module, and a new muffler after the mechanic managed to create the
biggest backfire I've ever seen while tinkering (it split the original muffler
in two!), the temperature gauge and the oil pressure gauge both peg whenever
the key is on. The gas gauge would probably peg too, but it's on the sick list
(sending unit or float, according to the "ground the sending wire on the frame"
test.) In addition, the turn signals, radio, and clock are inop. I haven't been
able to find a blown fuse. Is it possible there is a fusible link somewhere
that's gone to Nichrome Heaven? The car is running great now, except for a
little lope at idle that I blame on the Thermoquad. I've only had the car for a
couple of months and I'm not nearly as experienced as I hope to be in peaking
and tweaking.

Any thoughts or recommendations would sure be appreciated!

Jay King
Meridian, Mississippi

Honey Gold 1973 LeBaron 4DHT
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup