black plates, blue plates...etc etc

I think people are interested in this not because of a concern that the plates
match the car, but because of what it means (hopefully) about the condition of
the vehicle.  If you find a black plate car, it means this car has had only
one (or very few) owners since new, and has probably been kept in fairly good
condition.  At least, this is the assumption (I think) that makes "black plate
cars" so desirable.

Mark M