CA Senate Bill 708 needs to be defeated

For now. It's just a matter of time until the
smog/emissions gestopo move into your area. They are
speading. CA even has random tests on their roads.
They see an older or modified car, stop it, and smog
test it right there. If you fail, you're in trouble.

They even stop and test cars from out of the area.
Have to go through some parts of CA state? Wouldn't do
it in one of our cars.

Hell, remeber back in the 90's when the CA politicans
created some bill which allowed tax deductions if you
destroy an old smog car from CA's hate list (basically
a list of ALL the cars and engines we love, including
the 440 models....). The bill also allowed for
companies to get less restrictions on their pollution
outputs if they destroyed cars which were said to
cause pollution. Result? Big CA industry started
buying up all the junk yards with older cars in them
(and since this is CA, these were all RUST free cars
which would have been great for getting parts for our
Imperials), crushed them, got tax breaks AND the
ability to pollute more. Somewhere I've got a few
Mopar magazines which talk about the thousands of
Mopar classics alone destroyed through this!!
--- Greg and Russell <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0701-0750/sb_708_bill_20030221_